Founded in 1990, WAIF (Whidbey Animals’ Improvement Foundation) is a non-profit organization on Whidbey Island, in the state of Washington, that helps pets and their people.
WAIF’s Mission: To create a community in which animals are treated with compassion and respect and where no companion animal goes unwanted.
WAIF’s Vision: These are basic to the organization:
- Compassion — All companion animals deserve a home where they will be treated with kindness and compassion.
- Respect — Animals possess inherent dignity, nobility, and innocence and deserve respect.
- Responsibility — In gratitude for the many ways companion animals enrich human life, we all share responsibility for their welfare.
- Community — WAIF’s greatest strength is the community’s passion, commitment, and generosity. People working together for the animals is the heart and soul of WAIF.
- Sound Business Practices — To sustain WAIF’s long-term viability, it must utilize core business competencies with integrity in innovative ways.
WAIF manages animal shelters in Coupeville and Oak Harbor. Through donations of time and money, WAIF operates a minimum kill facility for healthy, adoptable pets until they are placed into permanent, suitable homes. No animals are euthanized because of space or time considerations.
WAIF also operates three retail locations and help raise funds, but donations are vital to maintaining the current level of care. There are many ways to donate and your help is always appreciated.
Please e-mail any questions or comments to email@example.com