- Alley Cat Allies – The foremost experts on feral cats, they promote nonlethal control of stray and feral cats.
- Badrap – Learn more about pit bull type dogs and the issues that affect them.
- WAIF is a Partners for Pets member where your Bissell purchase can help raise money for WAIF animals. Simply enter the code “ADOPT” at checkout and select WAIF. Details here.
- Cornell Pet Loss Support Hotline – A hotline staffed by volunteer veterinary students. This site contains information about euthanasia and the stages of grieving.
- Camano Animal Shelter Association (CASA) – Located on Camano Island, approximately 1.5 hours north of Seattle. We strive to find loving, forever homes for all our healthy, adoptable animals and reduce the numbers of unwanted animals by encouraging all pet owners to spay and neuter their pets.
- City of Oak Harbor Stray Facebook
- Dogs on Deployment – A national 501(c)(3) non-profit providing a central network for military members to find volunteers willing to board their pets while they are deployed or have other service commitments, making them unable to temporarily care for their pets. DoD exists to help military members keep their pets by alleviating the need for pet relinquishment from military members due to the hardships of deployments.
- The Electronic Zoo – Animal resources
- The Feral Cat Spay/Neuter Project – A not-for-profit group dedicated to providing free spay and neuter services to help solve the feral cat crisis in the Seattle/Puget Sound region.
- FETCH!– FETCH! is an organization dedicated to providing dog owners of Island County with areas where they are free to exercise their canine friends off-leash without disturbing others.
- Hava Heart Sanctuary – Animal shelter in Grays Harbor, WA
- Homeward Pet Adoption Center – Animal shelter in Woodinville, WA
- The Humane Society for Seattle/King County – Animal shelter in Bellevue, WA
- The Internet Lost and Found – Free directory listings for lost and found animals and items in the US and worldwide.
- Humane Society of Jefferson County – Animal shelter in Port Townsend, WA
- A national database where you can register a lost or found pet, along with helpful tools to help you create flyers and useful tips to help find your pet. Details here.
- NOAH – Located in Stanwood, is dedicated to stopping the euthanasia of healthy, adoptable and treatable homeless dogs and cats in Washington state.
- Oasis for Animals – Oasis is dedicated to ending pet overpopulation through spay/neuter surgeries, networking with other rescue groups and shelters to save animals.
- OldDog Haven – OldDog Haven is a very small group of people with a network of others trying to provide a loving safe home for senior dogs abandoned at this stage of their lives.
- Pasado’s Save Haven – Investigation of animal cruelty crimes and providing sanctuary and rehabilitation to animals who have suffered from abuse and neglect.
- PAWS – Animal shelter in Lynnwood, WA
- PetFinder.com – A national network of shelters
- Pit Bull Rescue Central – A virtual shelter and resource for owners and caretakers of American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, and pit bull mixes.
- Purrfect Pals – A no-kill cat shelter in Arlington, WA
- Save-a-Mutt – is an organization dedicated to animal rescue.
- SPOT (Saving Pets One at a Time), Burlington, WA. A nonprofit companion animal rescue and placement organization serving the Skagit Valley and beyond.
- Whidbey Island Farm Animal Assistance Program – To provide financial assistance for rescued and at risk farm animals on Whidbey Island, Washington.
- Whidbey Lost Dogs – A listing of lost and found dogs on Whidbey Island.
If you would like to request that a link be added to this page, please email your request to:
Only links to non-profit organizations will be considered. WAIF does not post links to for-profit businesses.
WAIF reserves the right to refuse link requests to sites we deem inappropriate.